Junior Black AchieversAfrican-American Parent Advisory Council (AAPAC)
The mission of the Palm Middle School African American Parent Advisory Council is to involve and engage parents in the decision making process that would lead to improving the quality of education for African American students by raising the level of awareness in our community about cultural learning differences and promoting an understanding among parents, educators, and other culturally sensitive issues relating to African American students.
Our goals are:
- Engage, equip, and empower parents to advocate for the academic success of their child.
- Expand and improve the educational opportunities for African American students.
- Ensure academic success through high expectations, rigorous and challenging curricula and instruction.
- Work to enhance and support the educational, personal, and career goals of every African American student.
- Encourage success in the regular school program through a collaborative decision-making process within the district, school, and community.
Thursday, November 30, 2017, 6:00 - 7:00 p.m.
Thursday, January 25, 2017, 6:00 - 7:00 p.m.